With Christmas approaching, the cold, horrid, wet weather reaches its peak – and it effects the footballers. There were several postponed and abandoned games, and even Newcastle’s French legion prospered against a poor Palace team. This weekend also marked the start of our Selected Shocks – and we had a cracking 7/1 winner, which was Hertha Berlin who came from behind to shock Dortmund! Lille were 9/1 vs PSG, and came so close, though we did suggest the Draw at 4/1 or Lille Double Chance at 2/1.
Maybe as a result of the weather, there were quite a few 0-0 draws, and dull games. Lisbon were average against a decent Nacional side, and struggled to a 0-0 draw. Vitesse blew a 2 goal lead against Heracles. These two ruined a few tips, Dortmund ruined another. Here are our Accumulator Tips and how they did:
- Newcastle/Fleetwood/Leyton Orient/Cambridge – 1/4
- Leverkusen/Napoli/Estoril/Udinese – 1/4
- Reading/Sheff Utd/Villa/Blackburn/N Forest/Shrewsbury – 1/6
- Man City/Derby/Leeds/Barnet – 3/4
- Barcelona/Real Madrid/At Bilbao/Ajax – 4.5/1 (WIN!)
- Juventus/Vitesse/Lisbon/Dortmund/Besiktas/Roma – 3/6
- Napoli/Leverkusen/R Madrid/Vitesse – 1/4
- Fleetwood/Cambridge//Barnet/Man City – 2/4
As well as the solitary win in the Accumulators, we had a Barnet/M City 1.2 double, as well as the 7/1 Berlin win, and Lille Draw or Win at 2/1. So we had 1.2/1, 2/1, 4.5/1 and 7/1 wins. Not the greatest weekend ever but some nice wins! Stay tuned early boxing day for Tips and Stats!