It was another weekend of twists and turns all around Europe. Man Utd surprised a few beating Swansea 4-1, Barcelona and Martino started with a bang, beating Levante 7-0 and Ajax beat fierce rivals Feyenoord to return to winning ways after a surprise defeat against AZ last weekend. As far as our tips go, no wins – but 6 of the 10 tips were one game off, including a 24/1 and 60/1, as well as 8, 6, 9 and 5/1 tips. Extremely frustrating, but only the 3rd week of tips and stats so far this season, so there is some comfort in that.
As for statistics, from 102 games we picked there were 63 wins, 53% hit rate in the positive odds category and 73% in the negative odds category – we had a certain nick at picking great value away wins, with Zwolle and Rio Ave 7/4, Wolves and Villarreal 13/8, as well as Southampton and Fulham both over 2/1!
Here are the statistical results from the weekend’s games:
Negative Odds: Won: 33 (73%), Drawn: 8 (18%), Lost: 4 (9%)
Positive Odds: Won: 30 (53%), Drawn: 12 (21%), Lost: 15 (26%)
Last season for the final 3 months, which is when we started up, we had a 45% hit rate with positive odds and 70% with the negative odds – so even though we are very early in the season we are improving week by week! Let’s take a look at the results from the tips:
Negative Odds Tips:
- Peterborough (W), Spurs (W), Scunthorpe (D), Liverpool (W) – 3/4
- Valencia (W), Monaco (W), Heerenveen (L), Benfica (L) – 2/4
- Bayern (W), Porto (W), Metalist (W), Anderlecht (W), Salzburg (D) – 4/5
- Man City (W), Galatasaray (W), Zulte Waregem (W), Rostov (W), Dortmund (W), Rapid Vienna (L) – 5/6
- Chelsea (W), R Madrid (W), PSG (D), Olympiakos (W), Shakhtar (W), Sociedad (W), Marseille (W) – 6/7
Positive Odds Tips:
- Wigan (L), Leyton O (W), Brentford (L) – 1/3
- Walsall (D), Cheltenham (L), Hereford (D), Chesterfield (D) – 0/4
- Lille (L), AZ (W), At Madrid (W), Estoril (W) – 3/4
- Barnet (W), Alfreton (W), Exeter (W), Wrexham (D), Southend (W) – 4/5
- Wigan, Cheltenham, Leyton O, Brentford, Chesterfield, Hereford – 1/6
So as mentioned, 6 bets were one side off winning – nearly tore my hair out when I found out Tamworth equalised against Wrexham in the 60/1 5 fold! The next set of statistics will be on Friday, Tips Saturday morning. Stay tuned this week for pieces on the battle for the titles from the Premier League to the Conference, including all the latest odds and top scorer prices.