With the Internationals taking place over the next week – I thought it a good time to try this new type of bet. With value being at a premium, and prices being extremely low for handicaps and even match results, I’ve picked out 8 games with fairly low risk bets for each.
(1) England -3 Goal Handicap @ 1/2 vs Malta (Saturday)
(2) Croatia Win @ 1/2 vs Kosovo (Thursday)
(3) Albania -1 Goal Handicap @ 8/13 vs Liechtenstein (Thursday)
(4) Serbia Over 1.5 Team Goals @ 4/6 vs Moldova (Thursday)
(5) Slovenia vs Slovakia: Over 1.5 Goals @ 1/2 (Saturday)
(6) Iceland Win @ 4/6 vs Finland (Thursday)
(7) Scotland Win @ 1/2 vs Lithuania (Saturday)
(8) Northern Ireland Over 3.5 Team Goals @ 4/6 vs San Marino (Saturday)
This pays around the 40/1 mark, and for me all have a great chance.
Liechtenstein are a god-awful side, conceding at least 3 in most games (20 in their last 4 games, including 3 against the Faroe Islands!) and rarely scoring. Similar goes for San Marino – Northern Ireland are a decent side and because they aren’t the normal huge team that San Marino face, might come out of their shell a little which will play into the Irish’ sides hands.
Croatia should win against Kosovo, as should Serbia in Moldova and Iceland against Finland. England for me, with the likes of Rashford and Alli linking up – will be better than normal and put plenty past a side that Scotland scored 5 against. Scotland should beat Lithuania, who’s last away win was against San Marino (14 games ago, with 10 losses in 13 since) while lastly Slovakia and Slovenia to score 2 between them is one I firmly think will come in.
4 games Thursday, 4 games Saturday – nothing much catches my eye on Friday – but despite the relative low value, they add up to make a huge accumulator! Theres always a chance one could go wrong, but given the early nature of the qualifying process, I think the teams I have picked will want to get points on the board, and between smaller teams, they will see a chance to grab a few against similar ranked sides.