The first attempt at this started oh so well, with 4 wins out of 4 on Thursday night, but bar N Ireland last night, it all went horribly wrong. Scotland drew with Lithuania, England dominating Malta but failed to score more than two, and then Slovenia/Slovakia ending 1-0.
A similar listing of games in the 2nd round this week – going for a more goals/handicap based approach for this one:
(1) Spain Over 1.5 Team Goals @ 8/15 vs Albania (Sunday)
(2) Italy Over 1.5 Team Goals @ 4/7 vs Macedonia (Sunday)
(3) Croatia Over 1.5 Team Goals @ 8/11 vs Finland (Sunday)
(4) Republic of Ireland Over 1.5 Team Goals @ 4/6 vs Moldova (Sunday)
(5) Austria Win or Draw @ 7/10 vs Serbia (Sunday)
(6) Switzerland -2 Goal Handicap @ 1/2 vs Andorra (Monday)
(7) Portugal -1 Goal Handicap @ 1/2 vs Faroe Islands (Monday)
(8) England Win @ 4/6 vs Slovenia (Tuesday)
5 games take place today – all heavy favourites, but the odds for goals are not that bad. The likes of Italy and Spain should be too good for their opposition, while Croatia and Ireland should also have too much for the likes of Finland and Moldova. Switzerland play Andorra, a 2 goal handicap very conservative – and a 1 goal handicap for Portugal against the Faroe’s also low risk for me.
Austria vs Serbia should be an interesting one – although given Serbian frailties, I like the Win or Draw for Austria on this one, a very sturdy back four mixed with the attacking talents of Sabitzer and Alaba – could be close, but can’t see them taking any less than a point.
Lastly England vs Slovenia – against a team who might actually attack, England should win. Malta barely got out of their own box, yet alone their half. It was more like a training game, while a few players missed easy chances, such as Dele Alli – who missed an open goal! 4/6 looks a reasonable price!
Altogether this pays in the region of 44/1.