We are into the final month of the season in England now – and we thought it would be an ideal chance to see exactly who is where, and what is still to be decided. Incredibly there is lots to play for for some, with most Play-Off spots still open to many teams, and the European places in the Premier League are still up in the air. Here is how it stands in the top 5 English Leagues:
Premier League (4 games to go):
- Liverpool guaranteed Champions League Football
- Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton battling for the other 3 spots
- Man Utd cannot finish in the CL places
- Bottom 9 separated by 8 points, nothing decided – bottom club Sunderland just a few points from safety.
Championship (2 games to go):
- Leicester and Burnley are promoted – Leicester win the title if they beat Bolton tonight.
- Derby and QPR assured of Play-Offs, 5th-13th can still mathematically get into top 6.
- 17th and Above are safe. 18th to 23rd very close.
- Yeovil as good as down, need two wins plus all other results to go their way, which is impossible.
League 1 (2 Games to go):
- Wolves are champions, Brentford have secured Auto-Promotion.
- Rotherham, Preston and Leyton Orient all in play-offs.
- Peterborough need just a point to stave off Swindon for the final spot.
- Stevenage relegated, Shrewsbury as good as down.
- Anyone below 14th still could be relegated.
League 2 (2 Games to go):
- Top 5 all guaranteed Play-off spot
- Top 4 separated by 5 points – 1st Scunthorpe / 2nd Chesterfield / 3rd Rochdale / 4th Fleetwood. All 4 can win the title.
- Burton and Southend have Play-Off place, York need just a point, maybe 2 as GD is better than Oxford.
- Torquay all but down – need miracle. 17th-23rd up for grabs, just 3 points between 19th and 23rd.
- Morecambe, Exeter, Wycombe, Bristol Rovers, Northampton the main sides in trouble, Hartlepool almost safe.
Conference (1 Game to go):
- Luton champions. Cambridge, Halifax and Grimsby have Play-Off spots. Gateshead need one point for the final place,
- Hyde relegated with just 10 points. Dartford and Tamworth also down.
- Hereford need to win against Aldershot, and hope Chester lose or draw against Salisbury. GD +1 in Hereford’s’ favour.
Hope this has helped – be careful on teams with nothing to play for – players minds will be elsewhere, or in some cases without any pressure they will play better. Last few games are hard to predict for these reasons!