Domestic football makes a triumphant return after a couple of weeks, with internationals taking centre stage, which some found rather horrid. We had a mixed 6 days – 3 NAP’s from 6, with two being so so close. A nice 5/1 corner double, while a 19/1 4 fold was let down by one goal on the final night.
10 picks as usual, with Saturday and Sunday’s loosely based around these selections:
1. Real Madrid Over 2.5 Team Goals @ 1/1 (Spanish La Liga, 1500 KO)
Real mauled Betis 5-0 before the break, and with a previous record against Espanyol you can see what we are doing – wins of 4-1, 3-0 and 3-1 in the last three meetings, with another factor coming in the form of 3 goals conceded twice already this season by Espanyol, and one of those games to a newly promoted side. With Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema not to mention all the others, you have to fancy Real bagging a trio of goals and running out easy winners.
2. Slavia Prague-Mlada Boleslav Over 1.5 First Half Goals @ 13/8 (Czech Synot Liga, 1915 KO)
I’m going to keep this simple:
• Over 1.5 First Half goals in the last two games for Slavia, 4 of 5 games this season for Mlada and the last three meetings between the two.
A very entertaining game usually, and one I think should fire plenty again this time with Mlada Boleslav scoring freely but conceding a lot as well. BTTS 1st half looks good at 3/1!
3. Molde -1 Goal Handicap @ 7/5 vs Sandefjord (Norwegian Tippeligaen, 1700 KO)
Molde faced Sandefjord earlier in their campaign, before the European games took their toll. In said game they won 6-1, with Elyounoussi scoring a hattrick. Sandefjord have conceded 50 in their 22 games so far, while Molde have scored 41 in 21 – which is a good statistic. Molde average 2 goals per game scored, Sandefjord average over 2 goals conceded per game.
4. Concordia-Botosani Over 2.5 Goals @ 27/20 (Romanian Liga I, 1630 KO)
Another goals-related tip. Concordia have a record of 4 over 2.5’s in their last 5 games both overall and at home, while Botosani have a record of 3/5 both overall and away. In their last 3 games, there has been a 3-0 win for each side as well as a 3-3 draw. The Romanian league can be very low scoring but between certain teams there are always plenty of goals! Both are struggling this season – but both scoring + conceding plenty. 18 goals in 9 games for Botosani, and 23 in 9 for Concordia.
5. Basel Win + Over 2.5 Goals @ 21/20 (Swiss Super League, 1900 KO)
Basel so far this season have been in fine form, with 20 scored and 6 conceded – so in 7 games that’s nearly an average of 4 goals per game. St Gallen on the other hand have a grand total of 3 scored and 4 conceded – so polar opposites. However previous meetings point out one thing – goals.
In their last two meetings, Basel have won 4-3 and 3-1, while before that there was a high scoring draw (2-2) and a couple of St Gallen wins, 2-1 and 2-0. Basel are at home, so I’d expect them to do well here as they have won 4 of their last 5 game, with St Gallen losing 3 from 5 away.
6. Braunschweig Win @ 11/8 vs FSV Frankfurt (German Bundesliga II, 1230 KO)
These two have an identical record, with 2 wins in 2, and 2 losses as well. In terms of previous meetings – the team we are backing won both games last season, 3-0 and 2-0. FSV have an awful home record though, with 1 win in 10 games, including 5 draws. Good odds for me, and a good bet.
7. Zwickau Win @ 1/1 vs Nordhausen (German Regionalliga Nordost, 1230 KO)
Zwickau narrowly missed out on promotion last season due to a fantastic Magdeburg team – but this season looks like their season (do it in a scouse accent, will make you giggle….). They have won 6/6, scored 16 and conceded a grand total of 0. In their 4 previous meetings they have won 4-0, 3-0, 3-0 and 2-0 against Nordhausen – who are in decent form themselves but I see Zwickau blowing everyone out of the water this season.
8. Grasshoppers Over 1.5 Team Goals @ 11/8 vs Lucerne (Swiss Super League, 1245 KO)
Grasshoppers have scored a total of 24 goals in 7 games so far this season, and conceded 14. There have been some huge scores, including 3 3-2’s and even a 5-3. They have not failed to score 2 goals in a game yet, and at 11/8 that’s looking like fantastic value! Lucerne have had a total of 20 goals involved in their 7 games, scoring 11 and conceding 9.
9. Ruch Chorzow-Gornik Zabre Over 2.5 Goals @ 1/1 (Polish Ekstraklasa, 1700 KO)
These two both have a 50% or better ratio of over 2.5 goals in their 7 games this season.
5-2 for Gornik, and 4-3 for Ruch. Their last 5 games have had scores of 2-2, 2-2, 2-1, 2-1 and 2-0, so very much an even fixture with both having a good chance of winning, and both in poor form as well.
10. Angelholms-Ostersunds BTTS + Over 2.5 Goals @ 21/20 (Swedish Superettan, 1400 KO)
In the last 5 meetings between the two, the scores have been 2-2, 2-2, 3-0, 2-1 and 0-0. Angelholms have a Over 2.5 record of 13-9, while Ostersunds are 11-11 (over/under). This should be a good game, over 2.5 was only 8/11 so I had to throw BTTS in to get 21/20.
Tips will be posted pretty soon but the 6 fold I like from this is as follows:
1. Zwickau Win @ Evs
2. Real Madrid Over 2.5 Team Goals @ Evs
3. Gornik-Ruch Over 2.5 Goals @ Evs
4. Molde -1 Goal Handicap @ 7/5
5. Slavia P-Mlada Boleslav Over 1.5 First Half Goals @ 13/8
6. Grasshoppers Over 1.5 Team Goals @ 11/8
Pays 120/1 with Bet 365.
Best of luck